NEET PG 2018 career counselling post based on experience

As I said before…
Course should be selected based on your wish and love … but in practice and scope wise I can say some of my experience… this is not intended to hurt anyone or any speciality… All have their pros and cons… but my opinion is based on majority experiences…

#MS_General:

• Post MS you have wide opportunity …any speciality can be selected including MCH neuro, Paeds or CTS…
  • Delayed settlement true
  • Needs lots of passion than any other courses…
  • Pls dont prefer direct 5- 6 years Neuro, Paeds or CTS. You will get boredom half the way during the courses.

#MS- Ortho, Ent, opthal , OBG

• all end specialities… Select one of them if you feel you want to throw books and exams forever…
  • all these courses needs tough competetion and skill to survive… These cases prefer to go to Corporate hospitals and Higher centres rather than going to individual consultants…so in life you can’t come out with real face but only as Arvind Agarwal, KKR, MIOT consultant etc…

#MD_paeds

• Best of all I prefer and will vote…
  • Evergreen and always patient input will be constant

#MD_General

• this is not end… you must do superspeciality DM… if you feel it’s difficult to study again…Go for MD Chest, MD Geriatric or MD Emergency medicine
  • While you throw a stone it will fall on a software engineer in Bangalore… Same way when you throw a stone on a Town…it will fall on the roof of a General Practitioner…Be careful to end your life as physician. GET READY TO BECOME A NEUROLOGIST, NEPHROLOGIST ETC…

#Radiologist

• I’ don’t like to see patients.
  • I want to have a peaceful life
  • I want fixed income thats enough
    -I don’t want people to talk about me… it’s enough if doctors know am talented…
    Go with Radiology

#Dermatology

• all above points of radiology + But I need some recognition…
  • Average practice unless you do some special Job on derm like cosmetic or hair etc.

#Psychiatry

• Are you having so much passion to talk with these guys for 1 hour or 2 hour…
  • don’t take as it is only available… so much passion passion passion to deal with inner hearts of these patients…
  • Income wise only average.

#Anesthesia

• Many anaesthetist have little frustration that they are depending on OG and surgery people… Other wise Good income course and people are very busy compared with many other speciality…
  • Remember you will never be remembered anywhere in spite of all your heroisms… You will be masked always

#Nonclinicals

• Except Md pathology. All courses are saturated and no Job vacancy as Professors …
  • Recently many Professors even are fired from Private MEDICAL colleges…
  • You can select if you are ready to do practice General type after your Non clinical Md or trying to become a coaching centre faculty for PGMEE…

#DNB

• Remember course is 3.5 years + chances of failure in exam.
  • Unless you worry about Teaching post you can finish and do pacca quality Job.
    Many centres DNb is better than Masters in many colleges…
  • People wont see the difference …its only your own colleagues who makes the critics.

All these are my opinion to those who are waiting for counselling as I am fed up answering 100s of messages daily…

Pls go through this and decide what you want…
Rrm Gastro

Dr. RAJAMAHENDRAN MCH GASTRO
DIRECTOR Koncpt Pg Coaching
DIRECTOR RRM GASTRO SUPERSPECIALITY CLINIC
VILLUPURAM