Will miss my hero... Professor Dr M Srinivasan MD DM

I was in my eighth grade when I saw him first. My dad had got an heart attack and he was the one treating him. I was simply blown away by his charisma. Sitting in the attender’s lobby, I had a wish…

“Someday I must become a doctor like him !!!”
IMG_0008

Yes, he was my first inspiration who led me to this field. Over the years I grew up with my parents equating him to god. For he not only saved a man but a family from peril.

Fifteen years later I met him again, this time as a newly recruited consultant in Vadamalayan hospitals. He was the first to ask my opinion for a case. Out of shear enthusiasm I had prescribed a couple of antibiotics for the person. A few minutes later I got a call from the telephone operator saying that he was on line and wants to talk to me. Pretty anxious I attended his call. Very politely he said, “Parithi you had prescribed Clarithromycin for this patient. He already has arrthymia. Can I change it ?”. I was spellbound for a minute. Here is a consultant for whose appointment people wait for months, yet he is so humble. It was his patient. He could have simply cut my prescription and changed it. But he chose to personally inform me before changing it. I realised what a good humanbeing he was more than a successful cardiologist.

Over the last four years I was blessed to have had a lot of professional and personal discussions with him. I started to admire him more for his simplicity and humility.

It pains me now to know tell you people that he is no more. I always felt that it was the goodwill and blessings of his patients that kept him running through all his ailments that he suffered over years. And he departed as he had always been, a fighter.

I (Dr.Elamparithi S) will miss my hero…

Professor Dr M Srinivasan MD DM
Senior Consultant Cardiologist
Vadamalayan Hospitals