Which of the following is a relative contraindication to renal transplantation?

Chronic liver disease
Persistent substance abuse
Severe mental retardation
Severe psychiatric disease
Disseminated cancer

Hint:All are absolute contr…one is relative contr bcz risk of HRS

A 23 year old female presents with a discoid rash, photosensitivity and painful joints. She has also noticed an increased frequency of oral ulcers. There is also evidence of microscopic haematuria and proteinuria. What antibody is specific to the diagnosis?
Anti dsDNA antibody
Antinuclear antibody
Anti-centromere antibody
Rheumatoid factor
Anti smooth muscle antibody
Explanation

Chronic liver disease
Persistent substance abuse
Severe mental retardation
Severe psychiatric disease
Disseminated cancer

Hint:All are absolute contr…one is relative contr bcz risk of HRS

A 20 year old has returned from holiday and presents to his GP with diarrhoea and knee pain. He also has conjunctivitis and erythematous scaly plaques on his palms and soles. His knee is swollen and tender. What is the most appropriate management in this case?

Oral Prednisolone
NSAIDs
RICE advice
Azithromycin
Intra-articular corticosteroid injection

Which of the following confirms anaphylaxis over angiooedema if there is any doubt of the diagnosis?

Elevated Serum Mast Cell Tryptase
Hypereosinophilia
Neutrophilia
Facial Oedema
Rash

A 20 year old has returned from holiday and presents to his GP with diarrhoea and knee pain. He also has conjunctivitis and erythematous scaly plaques on his palms and soles. His knee is swollen and tender. What is the most appropriate management in this case?

Oral Prednisolone
NSAIDs
RICE advice
Azithromycin
Intra-articular corticosteroid injection

Which of the following confirms anaphylaxis over angiooedema if there is any doubt of the diagnosis?

Elevated Serum Mast Cell Tryptase
Hypereosinophilia
Neutrophilia
Facial Oedema
Rash

What is the most likely cause from the following to lead to cyanosis in the newborn within the first 24 hours?

Patent Ductus Arteriosus
Tetralogy of Fallot
ASD
Transposition of the great vessels
Eisenmenger syndrome

1. The parents of a 7-year-old boy divorce. The boy lives with the mother and sees his father every-other weekend. During these visits, the boy is sullen and angry with the father, but when it is time to return home, he clings to the father and cries in a desperate manner while saying “I’m sorry! I want you and mom to live together again.” Which of the following is the most helpful statement that the father can make to the son?

(A) “Big boys don’t cry.”

(B) “I left your mother, I didn’t leave you.”

© “I’ll see you in 2 weeks.”

(D) “You’re the man of the house now.”

(E) “Your mother was too hard to live with.”

What is the most likely cause from the following to lead to cyanosis in the newborn within the first 24 hours?

Patent Ductus Arteriosus
Tetralogy of Fallot
ASD
Transposition of the great vessels
Eisenmenger syndrome