There is a law in place to regulate the working hours of resident doctors in India

There is a law in place to regulate the working hours of resident doctors in India. Unfortunately, it isn’t followed anywhere.
The ministry of health and family welfare, Government of India had sent consolidated instructions to all states and union territories vide letter number S-11014/3/91 ME§ regarding implementation of Uniform Central Residency Scheme after the directives of the Supreme Court in its judgment dt. 25.9.87 in writ petition No. 348-352 of 1985,
With respect to working hours, the directive is:
“Continuous active duty for resident doctors will not normally exceed 12 hours per day. Subject to exigencies of work the resident doctors will be allowed one weekly holiday by rotation. The resident doctors will also require to be on call duty not exceeding 12 hours at a time. The junior Residents should ordinarily work for 48 hours per week and not more than 12 hours at a stretch subject to the condition that the working hours will be flexible as may be decided by the Medical Superintendents concerned keeping in view the workload and availability of doctors for clinical work.”
Please reply.
Join this group if you support the cause

yes i know some one resently joined put on duty for 24 hours.no time to go to mess.paying mess bill and no lunch time given dinner time given.he eats from hospital canteen.which is extra expence.why is he charged mess bills.

Where is it implemented?ALL residents should come on common platform to defend and plead for this cause .we are humans too ,working in stretch for 30-36 hours is inhuman and injustice ,if hospital administration wishes it can easily adjust the working hours for residents ,but I think the hospital administration any Where and those at helm of affairs have decided to make life of residents so stressful by putting very very tough working roaster for them ,let residents raise their voice and make this issue of working hours to flexible and workable level

Please join the group and suggest what could be done. It’s high time now. We have to unite.