There are more than two months before PLAB 1 on 15 March 2018

There are more than two months before PLAB 1 on 15 March 2018. Even if you start studying today, you will pass the exam comfortably.

Suha Abdalhai passed her PLAB 1 with a brilliant score of 165 with only two months of preparation. Her experience might help others.

Hello everyone,

I’m really happy I passed PLAB 1 on the 18th of Dec 2017. It was a blessing and I can not believe I’m writing my experience to you all. Thank God I scored 165, which is something I never dreamt of. I will try to place my study plan and my whole experience in an organized way.

My Time Frame
Two months (Sept and Oct). But I took some time before that to do my own research about the exam, collect material, organize it into folders and how to study. I took leave from work but believe me they weren’t purely dedicated to studying; I faced a lot of distractions.

Material
I followed Naseer’s guidance for study sources and it helped me a lot.

1. 1700 Dr. Khalid’s: twice. First one systems-wise from a book available in the main PLAB group and the second one from random 1707 corrected.

2. Samson’s notes once.

3. Samson’s question bank system-wise: this source is not available. I took it from a friend who attended Samson academy.

4. PLABable (only 4 exams). You will find these in the main PLAB group. I used them in the last few days to practice time management. I did them in two hours instead of three so I could be comfortable in the real exam. That practice helped me a lot; I managed to finish within two and half hours. I wasted the last 30 minutes looking at people.

5. Recalls: I did every recall available but the latest two (Sept and June) twice.

6. I used Oxford and patients.co.uk only for reference.

My Plan
One and a half month before the exam, I went through Samson’s notes first (say cardio notes). I read them, then I solve the related Samson question bank system-wise and finally 1700 system wise. I went system by system.

In the last 2 weeks, I did 1707 random version, recalls (most joyful part in my preparation for me), and 4 exams of PLABable. I scored between 145 to 155 usually. That was reassuring.

On the day of the exam, I walked out of the exam room really convinced that I did really bad. I even expected myself to fail. I found the exam very tricky and hard so you can imagine how stressed I was waiting for the result.

Result Day. Then it was the big day I opened my GMC account with shaking hands to see that I passed with a score of 165.

It was a tough journey but my hard work paid off. I’m not the type of people who spend long hours among books, l get bored easily, I spent hours on Facebook and WhatsApp. I was distracted by many things for weeks. But if I can do it you can do it too.

My Advice

1. It’s an easy exam if you have a good plan.

2. I never did Swammy’s mocks or Samson’s mocks (I did the question banks as I mentioned) but if I had time I would have done them. The more questions you practice the better you will do in the exam.

3. PLABable is very useful. If I had time I would have done it extensively (there are 8 available but I did 4 with without going through explanations). It contains very useful and elaborated explanations.

4. Please do 1700 as many times as possible. It’s our lifeline.

I wish sucess to everyone!