Recent in racgp pesci

RECENT IN RACGP PESCI
TODAY HINT: HOW TO DEAL WITH PATIENT COMPLAINT AGAINST COLLEAGUE: (DO YOU NOW AVANT?)

1. Show sympathy and understanding to the patient
  2. Acknowledge his frustration
  3. Ask to listen to his story
    (I can see that you are very upset, Im really sorry for that. However, there might be misunderstanding. However, it is also our fault, please tell me what happen to have better clue how can I help you. Be sure that, I will take it very seriously and will make sure that you will be satisfied)
    (I’m really sorry for your bad experience and I can understand your frustrations, this was not intentional by any mean, however, this is not an excuse)
  4. Most of complaints due to misunderstanding so try to clarify the reason and modify the misunderstanding
  5. Never lie to hide the mistake, be opened to discuss
  6. Take patient consent to involve your colleague in the conversation to explain his point of view and apologize if there is a mistake. If patient refuse, respect his wish but advise your colleague about the mistake to avoid in the future without disclose patient name
  7. Contact AVANT: medical indemnity dense organization (owned by doctors for doctors) especially if the complaint was in writing
  8. Post bill the patient until issue resolved
  9. Learn from the compliant
  10. If the issue related to unethical attitude like ignorance or abuse, inform AHPRA immediately
    NB: If a complaint is made about you – to your practice principal, supervisor, director of medical services, practice manager, etc, you have certain rights such as being given an unabridged copy of the complaint and given time to consider your response. You should also be encouraged to speak to Avant, if you have not already done so, and you must not be denied 'natural justice. Acknowledge your mistake if you did DON’T deny or take defensive manner, still contact Avant

Useful link: http://www.avant.org.au/…/Risk-200912-Dealing-With-Patient-…

For more hints/trap, please join one of our pesci courses

ACRRM SPECIFIC PESCI ONLINE RECALL COURSE

DATE& TIME: Monday 17th Sept to Friday 21st Sept, 7 to 10 pm Sydney time

General Crash/recall course (MOST IMPORTANT)
DATE AND TIME: Monday 24th September to Friday 5th Oct 7pm to 10pm Sydney, excluding the weekend

Even if you don’t want to join any course, please feel free to ask any question any time
Group url; https://www.facebook.com/groups/221746394946541/?tn=HH-R

Good luck,

Dr Mathew