Plab part1 tips

PLAB PART1 TIPS
November 30, 2011 at 1:49pm
hello evry1…m here to share tips n prep time for plab1 hope u all find it useful
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=6918191295&topic=15902
Part 1 is a computer-marked written examination consisting of extended matching questions (EMQs) and single best answer (SBA) questions. The paper contains 200 questions and may contain images. It lasts three hours. The proportion of SBA questions may vary from examination to examination but no more than 30% of the paper is composed of SBA questions. You can have an unlimited number of attempts but you must pass Part 1 within two years of the date of your IELTS certificate.
i suggest 4 mnths of prep for plab 1 bt it varies wid every1 n depends on wen u graduated and fr how long u havent been in touch wid regular studies…
so 1.5 mnth for OHCS oxford handbook of clinical specialities
and 1.5 months for OHCM the handbook of med
then 1 mnth left do emqs n online emqs n join diff forums where questions r discussed regularly…one of the bestest forum i have seen is rxpgonline.com plab 1 forum

The books are OHCS OHCM, The handbook of surgery is optional coz the OHCM has a section on surgery which is quite sufficient bt still if u want to go fr a surgery book u can have OXFRD HANDBOOK OF SURGERY…u can review gynae obs frm 10 teachers too if u want… bt ohcs n ohcm r more than enuff if u read em thouroughly n try to learn imp details.
the emq EXTENDED MATCHIN QUESTIONS books r:
UNA COALES 1000 EMQS…
MEDICBYTE 3 VOLUMES …
PLAB DIGEST BY ATISH PRATAP MATHUR…
RXPG FIRST AID 3RD INTERNATIONAL ED BY TYAGI VIDYARTHI…
AND I SUGGEST BOOK ONLINE COURSE ONE XAMINATION WHICH COSTS 24 POUNDS FOR 2 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION…THEY HAVE 2000 Of emqs in their bank n they daily select a topic n then u have to solve d questions…123 and one examination…search for em…many ppl recommend one examination…
Last but not the least solve all the past papers…from 2001 till u give d xam…i solved all d papers frm 01 to 09 and i have all the past paper material…so i can easily email any1 who wants me to…jus drop ur ids ere n will try to do it ASAP…practice is the key u have to daily solve emqs after u have read thouroughly…give atleast 2 reads to ohcm n ohcs properly…For pSychiatry u can do it frm davidson coz many ppl dun find it good in OHCS and i also felt tht in d xam nthin came frm OHCS PsYchiatry chapter bt it came frm davidson
Hope tht helps
if u have any more confusions do lemme knw
n try to get the latest editions of all books
many of the latest ed r nt in pak so i ordered a few books frm amazon.co.uk n there r many book shops who can order it for u then give u the photocopy of tht book on a reasonable price…
All the very best to all of u
and if u need any help m jus a click away !!