PGMEE Guarantee Pack helped me secure my dream rank

PrepLadder wholeheartedly congratulates Dr. Apoorva Maheshwari who secured Rank 35 in NEET PG.
She tells us how PrepLadder’s PGMEE Guarantee Pack and dedicated revision helped her secure her dream rank. Read her interview to help prepare better for NEET PG 2018.

Hello, please tell us something about yourself.
Hi, Myself Dr. Apoorva Maheshwari. I graduated from MGIMS, Sewagram and my NEET PG rank is 35.

What do you think is the correct approach to study for NEET PG? Only MCQ’s or Theory+MCQ’s?
Repeat questions now-a-days are very few… so best approach is theory+MCQs

When should the preparation ideally be started?
Preparation should ideally be started in undergrad itself. However dedicated 9 months of hard work post internship also pays off.

Please list the books you studied for each subject.
Patho - Gobind Garg
Pharmac - Gobind Garg
PSM - Vivek Jain
Medicine - Mudit Khanna
Surgery - Rajamahendran or Amit Ashish
Obgy - Bhojani
For everything else - Arvind Arora

Have you attempted PGMEE previously? If yes, what did you do different this year that lead to your success.
No. I appeared for entrance only this year. However I gave July DNB and secured 1307 rank.

How big is the role of practice and revision while preparing for NEET PG and how much time should be dedicated for it?
Revision is the key. At least 2 revisions are necessary. Last 3 and a half months should be dedicated for revision. Anything that is not revised is as good as not read.

Did PrepLadder play a part in your success? If yes, how?
Yes it certainly did. I had availed the PGMEE guarantee pack and Champions Blue Print and the test evaluations really helped me in finding out the weak areas. Also, the number of questions was very substantial, which helped me in covering all the subjects in utmost detail.

Did you use a time table/study plan to keep your preparation on track?
Yes, keeping a track of time you spend on a subject is very important, and if you don’t give yourself a deadline, you will keep reading a subject for forever. Since a timetable is of no use if you can’t stick to it, you should give yourself realistic goals that are humanely achievable.

Were you a topper or a mediocre student during MBBS?
I was always among the Toppers during my MBBS.

List the most difficult and easiest subjects for you.
Most difficult was microbiology and easiest were biochemistry, PSM and Pharmacology.

One mistake that you believe everyone must avoid while preparing for NEET PG.
You must never try reading more than one book for a subject. Because you wont be able to revise it. And the time that you spend in reading those extra books will go down the drain which otherwise could have been positively utilized for revision.

Some last tips for our readers preparing for NEET PG?
Preparation for entrance is really a trying affair… you must never give way to despair… try studying with a friend for its very frustrating to study alone… patience, dedication, focus and revision are the keys…

Also read:

Never compromise on revision to learn something new, says PrepLadder alumni Dr. Athira (NEET PG Rank 4)

Revision is the key, says PrepLadder alumni Dr. Swasti (NEET PG AIR 6)

No one can make it without test practice, says PrepLadder alumni Dr. Vaibhav (NEET PG Rank 15)

Hand written notes are better than any book, says PrepLadder alumni Dr. Iniya (NEET PG Rank 17)

Believe you can, and you’re halfway there, says PrepLadder alumnus Dr. Niti (NEET PG AIR- 22)

From Rank 33,000 to Rank 24 in a year. The inspiring story of PrepLadder alumni Dr. Navin

Do not discontinue preparation, says PrepLadder alumni Dr. Harini (NEET PG Rank 45)

Don’t start preparing for PG in third year –says PrepLadder alumni Dr. Samarth (NEET PG rank 142)

More topper tips coming soon, keep following this space.