NEET PG Results: Meet all-India topper of NEET PG Exam 2018

AHMEDABAD/RAJKOT: Dr Rachit Agrawal, a MBBS student from Rajkot, has emerged the top ranker in the all-India PG NEET examination, for admission to postgraduate medical courses, having scored 975 out of 1,200 marks.
Also Read: There will be only one set of question paper for NEET from this year onward

“I have scored 975 marks, which according to the National Board of Examinations, is the top score among the PG NEET exam results declared recently. I have topped the exam,” said Rachit, who is doing his internship as part of the MBBS undergraduate programme at Rajkot Civil Hospital.

Rachit says he started preparations for PG-NEET about four years ago, along with the MBBS studies, as he knew that he will have to put in extra efforts to ensure a good rank and thus a chance at the postgraduate course of his choice. However, in the recent past, he upped his game by studying five hours a day for PG NEET entrance test along with his 10-hour daily shift on his internship. He hiking his hours of study to between eight and nine.

The study and internship schedule was gruelling, but in the end it was worth it. I never aimed for a rank but knew I would score well. Being the top ranker is a good feeling,” said Rachit.

Rachit’s father is an ophthalmologist practising in Rajkot while his brother is a radiologist. “I will either pursue medicine or radiology. I am yet to decide on which college I will chose to pursue my masters from as well,” said Rachit, who says wildlife and travelling as his two passions.

Rachit scored 95.1% in HSC (science) and chose to pursue his MBBS from Rajkot Medical College at his family’s insistence.

Rachit says that contrary to general perception, NEET is not a very difficult exam if you train your aim on cracking it right from the beginning. “It needs consistent and diligent effort,” says Dr Rachit.

In all, 1.28 lakh students took the PG NEET exam, of which 64,000 could not clear the test.