NEET- DOs & DON'Ts, Preparations Tips

Since NEET is again back after 2 years of EXILE, the panic has built up among the aspirants. The Following fears are running into the mind of you people I think… I have tried to chalk them out.

1.NO STATE EXAM… State would give me the SECOND CHANCE.

1. CONDUCTING BODY… A NEWS is in the air that AIIMS is going to conduct the exam… WHAT TO STUDY???

2. Which coaching is the best??

I will try to answer them in details. If you have anything else to know please message here.

NO STATE- TRUE… VERY TRUE…
State would give you a great extra advantage. One bad day can ruin your entire year…That’s what u guys are thinking right???

That fear itself is a big enemy of your prep.
I remember, in 2012-13 when NEET was conducted there was almost double benefit. people up to 7000 + got clinical degree and 17000-18000 rank got diploma. Subject like medicine went up to 3000+ rank.
So,if you stay calm and give your exam in a calm mind, you will get a rank and in NEET ,

EVEN A MODERATE RANK CAN FETCH YOU GOOD SEATS.

Conducting body-

If conducted by AIIMS then the exam system will be far more better than NBE, No Funny LENGTH or AWKWARD Scientist names perhaps.

There will be few things for sure.

1. Past repeats , may be few, but will be there from AIIMS/AIPG ( upto 2012)
    2.Text based questions ( Harrison).
    3.The topics will be more like AIIMS.
    4.More clinical scenario and vignettes that NBE.

SOLUTION-

1.Amit Ashish & Mudit Khanna are going to be your books again.
you will have to solve MCQs on a regular basis, at least 400 a day.
You can’t afford to miss repeats.
2. try to cross refer text books as much as possible.

3.coaching notes- I am coming to the topic in my next post.

1. Image based questions-In all probability they are gonna come for sure and pattern gonna be the same. Prefer to go through Text book images much as possible.

WHICH COACHING IS THE BEST???

Ans:Depends. Personally All are more or less SAME.

It is known that QUESTIONS DO COME FROM NOTES.
BUT HOW??
reason is simple- A COACHING NOTE IS MADE OF MCQ FACTS ASKED IN VARIOUS EXAMs. THEY JUST ACCUMULATE THEM IN ONE PLACE and create a topic.

SO, There is NO WAY TO SAY WHICH ONE WILL BE THE BEST … Just stick to the one you subscribed and their notes and
ENRICH THE NOTES WITH PERSONAL “ADD-ONs”.

BUT YOU MUST SOLVE MCQs and REVISE them.

one more thing…
DO NOT UNNECESSARILY PURCHASE BOOKS/NOTES WHICH YOU WONT BE ABLE TO FINISH…TRY NOT TO READ SHORTCUT NOTEBOOKS WITH FUNNY NAMES AVAILABLE LIKE… (GOMES…DOMES…GOLD…PLAT… ULTIMATE SUCCESS…VERY SURE SUCCESS,ETC)

stick to your basic plan. Remember one thing. Board may change, pattern may change also but a solid foundation will never let you dont under any circumstances.

cooldon wrote:
Thank you. This helped a lot.
But the problem is Mudit khanna and Amit ashish is not available these days according to the book stores. What do we do in this situation?

There are always OLD BOOK Buyers in your city.
They collect books from hostels from those who have got their ranks.
Call them and u will get them for sure though I cant assure u the condition of the books. I believe if AIIMS ultimately agrees to conduct the sell of these books will rise again. Dr.Mudit Khanna is active in Fcebook. U can connect him if possible.

Whether NEET pg exam pattern has more advantage for service candidate than state pg please give your valuable suggestions

Negative marks in NEET pg exams which is little bit tougher for service candidate than state pg exams how to minimise our minus marks in NEET pg exams is there any modifications regarding this minus pattern which the are following

A request do not unnecessarily approach USMLE, PLAB and other useless books. You might find 3-4 questions common from a book but that’s useless. Your rank will require a solid basic foundation and proper revisions and practice. There are many books available in market which I am gonna enlist later, but topics for AIIMS and AIPG have essentially been same for years and shall remain for years to come.

Revision -
MCA books are not good for revision.
Make self notes. 60-70 pages max for big subjects from them. 20-30 for small ones. At least 10 subjects. That will bring down the revision time.

What I read ,

Anatomy - Arvind Arora/ Across
Physiology- AA
Biochem-AA
FSM- Sumit Seth
Patho- Garg Gupta
Pharma- Garg , Gupta
Micro- Rachana Chaurasia
PSM- Vivek Jain
EYE-Arvind Arora
ENT-Shibu George/Arvind Arora
Ortho- Arvind Arora
Radio- Sumer Sethi
Anesthesia, Psy, Derm- Arvind Arora
Med- Mudit Khanna
Surg- Priesh Singh
Gyn- Sakshi
Obg- Bhojani
Paed- Arora.

alternative- short subjects u can consult across.

what about online exams?is it wise 2 give them??
if yes then subject wise or grand tests?
also which coaching center exams are closer 2 aiims pattern???

There should be a plan but never too strict. I would recommend to set a generalised time target than individual ones,a and once u are done revise then as fast as possible,as many times as possible.

online exams are good for practice. but I would ask you guys to give PEN & PAPER exam…
reason is simple-
the filling up of OMR takes time… it consumes silently around 20-30 minutes of your time. if you still manage to finish in time, there u are fine. The speed matters the most.

In online exam you tend to change your answrs.
So review of 300 question is must. So speed will matter.

Only Image based books by authetic Author is not there in my knowledge. But DAMS/Bhatia conduct image based 2-3 days sessions, and they are usually helpful. Plus subject wise books have recently incorporated many images in them. Go thru them. Do not worry, even with mild-to-moderate knowledge of UG level u will be able to solve most of the images.

Ever since the concept of MUGGING UP of COACHING NOTES have evolved since last 3-4 years the craze for grand tests have reduced substantially. I used to give DAMS exam, around 5000 guys used to give tests.

Today I saw an interview of Prof (Dr) Bipin Batra, NBE…
He tells that NEET will be conducted by NBE…
Does any1 have any news regarding the matter?

Rumors are going around. Let me make it clear.
The strategy is going to differ a little if the BOARDS Change.
If NBE- Read notes/ Texts of Subject wise books more and solve questions from KALAM and OLD AIIMS+AIPG ( 1993-2000)

If AIIMS- Solve questions more. Mudit khanna +Amit Asish 20 years in details and then notes and subject wise.

Please provide the last 5/6 months strategy up to the end, Specially the last 3 months after coaching sessions are over, there is much confusion how to get arranged and calm after coaching is over, Please provide last 3 months plan of study till the date of exam…and so kindly tell Subjectwise importance and time duration for them to revise and conceptualize them

Preference wise most important subjects,and time required by them,and from where to prepare them best, Is it so that coaching notes (Dams) are going to be sufficient for big subjects in last 3 months,or what else, How to gives them preference and prepare them in a manner best for exams…I request you to provide the strategy prferemce and duration required by them…consider as an above Average student, though it doesn’t seem practical but i want to ask how many hours…on a regular basis till the end