It has been a while since I always wanted to ask this, and I have had a lot of ups and downs with the GMC and their answers. In summary:

Hey all,

It has been a while since I always wanted to ask this, and I have had a lot of ups and downs with the GMC and their answers. In summary:

I am a non-EU citizen BUT a graduate of Ireland, and have only gotten my degree, meaning that I haven’t finished my Internship/Foundation year in either countries. Prior to this, I have done all of my schooling in the UK i.e. I have done GCSEs and A-Levels, but never got a passport.

I didn’t get matched in Ireland as they favour EU-citizens first and whatever remaining posts are available gets distributed to the non-EUs (P.S I was put as 140th on the reserve list).

I have gotten in touch with the GMC and have also sent them all of my certificates for approval, they have gotten back and have “allowed me” to sit the PLAB, which to me sounds bizarre, because people who have sat next to me in the same lecture, don’t need to do the exam, but because I am a non-EU national, I have to sit the exam…

Surprisingly, they were forcing me to sit a language exam as well, but I managed to get around that as I proved that I have been educated since the age of 10 in English and have English qualifications (either from England or Ireland).

So my questions is, has anyone had the same situation and is there anyway to get exempted from the PLAB based on the above circumstances?