Interview with Dr. Pooja Ghalsasi, Rank 80 in DNB CET July 2014

Dr. Pooja R Ghalsasi has secured Rank 80 in DNB CET July 2014 session which was held between 11 Jun – 14 Jun 2014 and results were declared on 3rd, August 2014. She has done her MBBS from Dr. Vaishampayan Memorial Government Medical College (Dr. VMGMC), Solapur.
Interview

Q. In what year did you pass out your MBBS (Completion of Internship)?

Ans. 2011.

Q. What ranks had you secured in any previous PG medical entrance exams you gave?

Ans. Rank 7000 in AIPGMEE 2014, Rank 5165 in DNB CET January 2014 Session and Rank 80 in DNB CET July 2014 Session.

Q. What is the secret of your success?

Ans. DAMS class notes and my husband’s confidence in me.

Q. How was your internship?

Ans. Heavy work.

Q. When did you seriously start preparing for the entrance exam?

Ans. After my MO ship, that is last year February.

Q. How many hours did you study each day?

Ans. 8 hrs.

Q. Which books did you read for MCQs revision? Which revision books were the most productive and which were least?

Ans. MCQs from DNB Kalam and test series of my class.

Q. Which subjects did you focus on?

Ans. 1st and 2nd year subjects, PSM and ObGy.

Q. What were your study methods? How many revisions did you do for each subject?

Ans. I did self study. Made notes of things I couldn’t remember. Minimum 2 revisions I did of class notes.

Q. What was your strategy for the exam day? How many questions did you attempt and why?

Ans. I attempted around 197 questions. The other 3 I had no idea about. On exam day just be calm. Keep reading before u reach the exam center but get a good sleep night before your exam.

Q. Did you join any classes or test series? Was it useful?

Ans. Ya I had joined DAMS last year. This year had joined only DAMS test series.

Q. Who or what influenced you to take up Medicine?

Ans. I wanted it from childhood. And my grandfather inspired me.

Q. In which field do you want to specialize in? why?

Ans. Medicine and then cardiology.

Q. What is your advice to future aspirants?

Ans. Study hard. Revise your notes as many times as possible. Trust your instincts while answering questions.

Q. Indian PG entrances are highly competitive, so to crack them students end up in appearing for multiple PG exams with some of them having same exam with different slots and papers , please extend your views on this and their pros and cons of appearing in multiple PG entrances.

Ans. I had my target of DNB right from beginning. I gave only three exams- AIPGME, DNB and state. These are the exams where you have maximum chance of getting a good rank. And I think keep one exam as your target. Helps you study better.

We are ending this interview with our hearty congratulations and best wishes for future to this talented person, Dr. Pooja R Ghalsasi.