I saw a lot of different experiences , after checking several sources

Usmle step1 experience :
Preparation time : 12 months
Dedicated preparation time : 5 months
Exam date: 17.09
Sources : FA , Uworld , DIT vids
NBME 16 on: 207- 4 moths before exam
UWSA 1: 251 - one and a half months before exam .
NBME 1-16 off : 240-249 , one month before exam, ( of course just the NBME that are existing :joy:.
NBME 18: 242 - 3 weeks before exam
NBME 19: 237 - 3 weeks before exam
UWSA 2: 237- 3 weeks before exam

Score : 249

I started preparing for step 1 in July 2017, at the beginning I was confused with what to start as I saw a lot of different experiences , after checking several sources , I decided to start with DIT vids system wise , as it’s easier for me to learn from vids and not books , I found this vids really helpful and enjoyable :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but is time consuming , my mistake was not taking notes on FA directly but on separate papers , as this would save a lot of time , it took me almost till May 2018 to finish the vids :sweat_smile::weary:( I had summer practice , uni ) sometimes during a whole month I couldn’t finish two vids , at this time I was thinking do I really need to do this exam?
In May I decided to take NBME 16 online , as it would give me an idea on my progression , my score was a pass nothing more 207😂
In June I took a break due to uni exams , in July I subscribed to uworld , and got the FA 2017 , I was doing at least two blocs of uworld ( randomized timed mode ) and how much I could from FA ( 30-40 pages ) , I was studying for 7-9H/D. At the end of July I was reaching already 5-6 blocs a day .
I finished first pass of Uworld at a rate of 77% and FA in one month , and I gave UWSA1 = 251.
At the beginning of August I started doing all the offline NBME ( alongside with FA second pass ), all ranging between 230-240, I didn’t did this helpful cause I couldn’t find a reliable answers key , it took me two weeks to finish all the NBME till 16, then I purchased NBME 19+ 18 , 19= 237 , 18= 242 , UWSA2: 237
At this point I was comfortable doing the exam ( I didn’t have a target score ) , I started second pass of UWorld , doing 6-7 blocs a day to Be as close as possible to the real exam , I finished with a rate of 92% . During my last two weeks of prep I focused on doing FA again especially in my weak subjects : reproductive + psychiatry + biostat .
The night of the exam was long :joy: as I couldn’t fall asleep ( I do mention that I played PUBG till late​:joy:) I slept at 01 and woke up at 05 to get to the exam as it’s 90km away . General feeling in the exam was ok ( very cold ,take a jacket with u , as I took toilet breaks after first and second blocs until the supervisor gave me a jacket :pray:)
70% are similar to Uworld and NBME , 20% are a bit hard but doable , 10% are mmmm I didn’t even bother reading them again :grinning: , time management was not an issue for me as I finished every block with 20-25 mins left ( my rule during exams is not to review unless I marked the question ) .
** for biochem and immuno I did also FA express vids .

What I would do differently :

• taking notes on FA immediately .
  • doing more online NBME .
    I would thank my beloved family for their support as I couldn’t do it without them , and Thank u all in this group .
    Goodluck for all and know that u can beast the exam with minimal sources ! The most important thing is how take an exam and how to build a concept !