How are Indian Doctors different from foreign doctors?

How are Indian Doctors different from foreign doctors?

By Dr. Rajendra Kumar on Quora

Let me tell you how India doctors are different from Western doctors.

Indian doctors give very personalised care , understand the patients issues, give a ear to that, -and they see the reports later. Ultimately its the patient who should be saying I am fine and not his reports. The doctors in west rely more on reports and lack in personalised care. That is why in NHS UK most of doctors are indian. The EMPATHY Index is more for Indian doctors. That is why I am told that there is a large queue in the west for an Indian doctor to see the patient ( by the western patients),

Indian doctors give importance to the patients issues than being mechanical and are more considerate to them as patients. Rules are made as a matter for guidance and not a sine qua non. Depending on the situation on humanitarian lines a flexible decision may be taken, Indian doctors are better clinicians as they during their training see volumes of patients within limited time so have far more experience of picking up signs and analysing symptoms in the window period of 2 min. Of course a one who sees 100 patients in OPD is far more clinically experienced than the one who sees 10 ( as in the west).

In fact one of my professors was publishing studies on say viral hepatitis and challenging the western data as we have huge volumes of patients for research and trials to give a definitive conclusions to the world. Its just that HOW I wish that there were more govt medical colleges where publishing research was very important as part of going up the ladder. But somehow not many focus on research and papers. STATE govt medical colleges allow private practice so that screws up the whole thing of research. Private medical colleges are very PATHETIC.