Biostandups: What would your co-workers or your supervisor say about you?

Biostandups: What would your co-workers or your supervisor say about you?

Manoj: Before, I go to answer your question, let me thank to my co-workers, friends and colleagues, who have helped me always, motivated and encouraged me. If I am here, it is because of my friends. My co-workers and colleagues always exchange healthy words with me. As a supervisor, Dr. Nayak has always been supportive and encouraged me to think differently, promoted the creativity and innovativeness lies within me. Dr. Nayak’s views on me ‘Mr. Patel is very innovative, creative, logical, meticulous and extremely well organized and excellent at time management. I see him as a leader who is leading from the front and excellent team member to the valuable input to tasks in the sense both for science and practical applications. A strong work ethic is a great asset to the organization to be proud of and a desirable quality for almost any position. Patel is also very social and helping poor and under privilege at the time of need. As a mentor/co-worker, I wish to see him to hold /keep bit more patient during odd and set an example so that other can see and follow in that direction.’

I always take his suggestions very positively and I will try my best to make his expectations alive that he has shown on me. Appreciations from the co-workers give me a sense of responsibility to live up to the expectations that they have shown on me.

Biostandups: Do you have any additional information that you would like to share?

Manoj: Yes, there is something interesting apart from my professional life which I wish to share with you and I feel very proud to share about the initiative, that we collectively took during graduation days at NIT Jamshedpur. We the NITians founded a Non-Government Organisation (NGO) named “SANKALP-A PLEDGE TO CHANGE” to provide free and quality education to underprivileged children living in slums and villages across the country. We lay emphasis on the upliftment of people in the slums by providing free remedial classes for children, preparation guidance for Navodaya and other competitive exams, women empowerment, organizing free medical camps and cleanliness drive. It was started as a volunteering activity by few young, courageous students of 2005 and 2006 batch with inspiration from Kartavya-An NGO operating on similar lines and vision in ISM Dhanbad. Initially, we have started from nearby villages of Jamshedpur with one centre accompanying few children and now you will be surprised to know that Sankalp has 13 centres (including BHU, IIT Dhanbad) across the country providing fee of cost tuition to more than 1100 underprivileged & needy children and funding the complete fee of 78 children. It is funded by students and alumni of NIT Jamshedpur. Sankalp is now a certified NGO registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860. Let me take this opportunity to request every Indian to come forward to sponsor the education fee by adopting the children through Sankalp (www.sankalpnitjamshedpur.org) because “our children are the future of this country.”

Biostandups: Please give your feed back about biostandups.com

Manoj: Biostandups is a unique platform of its kind to portray the research done by young minds of the country and world research community. Biostandups is a virtual news channel which gives the information on selected topic such as biotechnology, bio-industry, public health and issues, food, fitness, agriculture etc. under the one platform. I wish Biostandups a great success and good luck.